Questions & Answers
This is announced, Feb 21st 2021 – I will be retiring December 31st, 2021 Mary Albright Instructor Owner Albright Driving School LLC since 1997. Thank you to all my customers over the years! It has been a pleasure meeting and working with all of you!
My Son is in every sport? When should he take driver’s ed? Albright will do their best to work around all student activities. Get your online classroom instruction completed and do the behind the wheel instruction with Albright.
I just need Behind the Wheel instruction If you do not have a Permit/Temps then you must get my signature on your MV3001 form before going to DMV to get Permit. If you have a Permit we can begin now! The cost is $300.00 call 715 732 6499 instructor Mary Albright
What is the soonest age I can get my Permit/Temps? 15 years old.
- $45.00 – Fee will be billed for each missed (“no show”) behind the wheel instruction without 24hr notice. I will pay it also if I miss your lesson.
- $50.00/hr – When behind the wheel instruction is completed by Albright and you still need more practice or log hours, students under the age of 18 are welcome to sign up for further practice driving for the this hourly rate to be paid at the time of service
- $195.00 – For rental of an ALBRIGHT driving school car to take the driving skills test at the Department of Motor Vehicles located in Peshtigo, WI. This rental fee includes 1/2 hour of practice driving. If you live in Marinette / Peshtigo area I will pick you up and drop you off.
- $200.00 – For a refresher on classroom instruction (consists of 10 hours of classroom instruction)
- $60.00/hour – For any Teen practice/log hours. Behind the wheel with another instructor. Every hour with Albright counts as two on your log sheet
- $75.00/hour – Adult driving instruction, 18 years old or older
If Marinette High School is canceled Albright will not drive that day nor have classroom instruction
What are the WI state requirements for a minor to drive?
Students under the age of 18 must have 30 hours of classroom instruction, 6 hours driving instruction (called observation) and 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction administered by a WI state-approved driver education school. In the State of Wisconsin students must also log 50 hours of practice driving with their guardian.
Why should I take Albright?
We approach learning this important life skill as fun and exciting and provide a positive learning environment. We tailor each lesson to how each class session learns and we provide meaningful projects and activities that help students retain information.
When can I get my WI Temporary Permit or Temps?
You can get a WI temporary permit at the age of 15. You must have taken the classroom portion of a certified driver education program and have passed the temps test. There are many WI state-approved online classroom programs to take.
What is the Temps Test like?
It consists of 65 questions; 50 multiple choice (knowledge test) and 15 matching signs (sign test). A score of 80% or better is required in order to receive a permit.
I passed the Temps Test, how do I get my temporary permit?
Go to the DMV to get your permit. You must have with you all of the following:
- certified copy of your birth certificate (this can be obtained from the Register of Deeds for a $12 fee)
- your social security card
- your MV3001 application signed by ALBRIGHT in section D (you will need your guardian’s signature on the form do this when you arrive at the DMV counter)
- $35.00 cash or check made out to the Registration Fee Trust
- Another proof of identity with address look at WIDOT.gov for documents to bring to DMV
Where is the closest DMV? Peshtigo Monday and Wednesday and Oconto Tuesday and Thursday
I have to complete a MV3001 application. Where can I get that? Click this link for a printable MV3001 form. Please know it must be printed double sided that means one page front back.
How much is the WI Temporary Permit at the DMV?
Temps cost $35.00 at DMV. Cash or check is accepted. Write checks out to the Registration Fee Trust. DMV will accept debit or credit cards but will charge you their fee to process the card.
How long must I hold my temps?
The temps are good for 18 months from the date that you got them. A student must hold their temps for a minimum of 6 months before taking their road test. Please note the temps expires in 18 months from the date it was issued.
Can my parents really pull my temporary permit?
Yes they can. It is a process getting it back too. At the time of reissue the student must hold the permit 6 months from date of reissue. Prior months do not count toward the 6 months of reissue.
What car is used for behind the wheel instruction?
A 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid
Where do we drive during behind the wheel instruction?
Each of 6 lessons are broken down from the easiest to most difficult. We end with an overall evaluation of student skills. Pickup and drop off is at the Marinette Rec Center on Pierce Ave.
What is ALBRIGHT’s “no show” policy?
If a student does not show up for a scheduled behind the wheel instruction session a No show fee of $45.00 will be charged. Please note the fee must be paid before the next scheduled driving lesson or all future drive times will be canceled until fee is paid.
What are the safety precautions used during behind the wheel instruction?
The car has a brake on the passenger side that our instructor uses to control the car. There are also added mirrors to that instructors can see all sides of the car at all times. Instructors are trained and licensed through the State of Wisconsin and have passed extensive testing in order to be able to help students learn to drive, maneuver the car and help control the environment. All students in the car are required to wear seat belts at all times. Please refrain from using your cell phones while observing in the back seat. Masks are required because of COVID.
I must log 50 hours of driving practice with a guardian. Where do I find the log sheets?
Log sheets Please note students can use the “Road Ready” app on their phones to log hours.
How much does is cost for a road test?
$43.00 for a successful road test. This includes a probationary license.
Do I have to pay for a failed road test?
A fee of $15.00 is charged for a failed road test. However, you will not pay the fee at the time you fail but upon completion of a successful road test. For example, when you pass the road test you will pay $43.00 + $15.00 for the failed road test for a total of $58.00
How do I schedule a road test?
Answer: to schedule road test
What are the hours of the DMV?
Answer: DMV customer service website
What are the DMV road test routes?
I do not know the road test routes. I do know that they have several they can choose from.
Do I need to take classroom instruction if I am 18 years or older?
No. However, you will still be required to take and pass the temps test on at your local DMV. Please check out our page on Adult instruction for more information.