Welcome to Albright Driving School
If you are interested in Enrolling with Albright, please send student tuition now. To ensure your enrollment in the session of your choice, send the full amount of tuition ($475.00) or the first installment ($300.00 see fees) to Albright Driver Education, W1898 County Rd B, Marinette, WI 54143. Note with payment, student’s name and which session enrolling in. Upon Albright receiving payment student will be placed on the enrollment list of choice. Receipt of payment will be given the first day of class. Student will not be on the enrollment list until Albright has received first installment or entire tuition. Albright does not call to confirm student name on the list. Once the check has been mailed, you may call if you need confirmation, otherwise just know that Albright has received your check and that student name is on the enrollment list.
Then be sure to come to that class. It is easy! See sessions
Important Information to Remember
- You may begin Drivers Education Classroom instruction at 14 years and 09 months old.
- You will get your temporary permit / Temps at the age of 15½.
- You may schedule your road test 11 weeks prior to date of road test eligibility.
- To obtain a duplicate temporary permit, the fee is $14.00 and you must get Albright signature on MV3001 application, section D. http://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/formdocs/mv3001.pdf
- To renew your temporary permit, the fee is $35.00. Permit/Temps are good for one year.
Adult Instruction with Albright; in the car instruction (18 years old or older)
- Requirement: You must hold a valid Wisconsin temporary permit.
- Albright fee per hour of instruction in the car is $75.00, to be paid per each driving session.
- Most adults request 3-4 hours of private instruction, this varies pending on your skill level.
- Probationary license/successful Road Test, will cost you $43.00, make check out to Registration Fee Trust.
Welcome to the Albright Driver Education Program.
Our goal is to help you become a safe and skillful driver. With that in mind, we urge you to commit yourself to our program, showing up on time for every class session and doing the work assigned in every class session.
Requirements for person under 18 years of age to obtain a class D Permit/License to drive:
Must show WI residency; via WI address
CLASSROOM: 30 hours, maximum two hours per day. This means 15 classroom sessions. One missed session requires makeup work. A second miss and you will be dropped from the class. Bring a black pen, pencil and paper to class.
BEHIND THE WHEEL: 6 hours of observation and 6 hours of driving. Maximum one hour of driving per day, maximum two hours per week. Plan one hour of each; one hour of observation and one hour of driving per behind-the-wheel session. Albright must be notified at least 24 hours in advance if a driving session will be missed. If such notice is not given, you will be charged $45.00 for your hour of missed driving. Waived at our discretion, in case of emergency.
A one page report or poster will be due on or before the 9th classroom session. We will discuss the criteria for this project the first few days of classroom.
You will fill out an application form, MV3001, for your instruction permit, otherwise known as your temps. http://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/formdocs/mv3001.pdf You will need a Sponsor to complete their portion on your MV3001 application form. A Sponsor is someone who is legally and financially responsible for you while you have your temps and while you have your probationary license. Your temps last for one year, your probationary license will last for 2 years or until you turn 18 whichever comes first. Sponsorship can be pulled if the Sponsor chooses to do so. Sponsor signature must be notarized on your MV3001 can be done at the DMV counter. You will need to complete another complete MV3001 form when you go down to DMV to take your skills test/road test. Note, the MV3001 form must be one page front/back.
When you go down to the Department of Motor Vehicles, DMV, to take the written exam or to just get your Permit, you must have the following: (Albright administers the temps test to their students)
- A certified copy of your Birth Certificate. This can be obtained from the Register of Deeds office, in county of your birth. They will charge you approximately $12.00. A photocopy of your birth certificate will not be sufficient. Begin getting this now.
- Your Social Security Card.
- Your application MV3001 complete on WI DOT website must be front/back. http://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/formdocs/mv3001.pdf
- Sponsor signature must be notarized/witnessed. You can do this at the DMV counter in front of DMV employee when you get down there.
- You need Albright’s signature in section D on your MV3001 temps application form. If under 18 years old and a student of Albright
- $35.00 cash or check made out to Registration Fee Trust. This fee is not included in your Albright tuition fee.
- SMile they WiLL Take YoUr PicTuRE!!
- You can get your instruction permit, or temps, when you are at least 15 ½ years old and have passed the state written exam.
- At this point, we can begin your behind the wheel instruction, BW.
- Begin logging your 30 hours of practice driving. Use the Road Ready app or log on sheets of paper. Of the 30 hours 10 must be at night.
Your Behind the Wheel, BW, instruction will begin after you pass the State written exam and receive your Temporary Permit or Temps. Your Behind the Wheel instruction times will be scheduled around your schedule, i.e. work schedules, sports activities, school activities ..etc. and will consist of 6, 2-hour lessons, to include 6 hours of driving and 6 hours of observation. Albright will provide a driving schedule. If you miss your scheduled driving lesson, without 24 hours prior notice to Albright, you will be charged $45.00. To be paid before you drive again.
The following statements are requirements/state laws. Please make special note of the time frames described:
The 30-hour classroom portion must extend over a minimum of 3 weeks, at a maximum of 2 hours per day.
You may begin behind the wheel before finishing the classroom program.
You must go down to the DMV, Department of Motor Vehicles, for your instruction permit, or temps, within 60 days of getting the instructor’s signature in section D of MV3001.
You may not have more than two lessons behind the wheel, BW in one week.
You must begin behind the wheel within 13 months of finishing classroom, or you must take a refresher course. The refresher course consists of 10 hours of classroom instruction.
WI Graduated Driver Licensing was phased-in September 1, 2000. You must document 30 hours of driving, 10 of which must be at night. Temporary permit is now good for 12 months; not 6 months like in the past. All students must hold their temporary permit for 6 months before their driving skills test. There are passenger restrictions. For more information on GDL, visit www.dot.state.wi.us/dmv/GDLchanges.html.
Albright Tuition is non-refundable
What is needed for your Driving Skills Test or Road Test (same thing)
- An appointment. Schedule your road test on the WI DOT website. Road test appointment can be scheduled 11 weeks out. http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/online-srvcs/sch-road-test/schedule.aspx Have your SS# & Date of Birth handy. Follow the prompts. Student must be 16 years of age or older to take the driving skills test and have held his/her permit for six months.
- Albright is your driving school, our school number is 218.
- Students must have a sponsor along with when going to DMV for road test.
- Complete another MV3001 form (front/back) http://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/formdocs/mv3001.pdf before going down to the DMV or fill one out at the DMV when you get there. Your sections and the sponsorship section must be completed. Albright does not need to sign section D for your driving skills test. By Sponsor signing your MV3001 form, he/she agrees to the fact that you have driven 30 hours, at least 10 of which have been at night.
- Bring your log sheets or Road Ready app in case they ask to see it. Parents should accompany student because the driving test results will be discussed with both the student and the parent/parents.
- $43.00 cash or check made out to “Registration Fee Trust.” To be paid once you have passed the driving skills test. Do not get your money out until you have completed your road test. DMV does accept debit and or credit cards but will charge you the fee to use the card.
- SMile they WiLL Take YoUr PicTuRE!! again
- You may use our Albright car for a fee of $175.00. Includes ½ hour of practice time before your road test. Call if you have more questions.
- There is a $15.00 failed road test fee to be paid once you have passed a road test. This fee will be on top of the $43.00 fee for your probationary license.
A Probationary License will be issued when you have successfully passed the driving skills test! There are passenger restrictions about who can be in the car with you for the first nine months. The Probationary License lasts for two years or until you turn 18 whichever comes first.
If you are interested in Enrolling with Albright, please send your tuition now. To ensure your enrollment in the session of your choice, send the full amount of tuition ($475.00) or the first installment ($300.00 1st installment) to Albright Driver Education, W1898 County Rd B, Marinette, WI 54143. Note, with payment, student’s name and which session you are enrolling in. Upon my receiving your payment, you will be placed on the enrollment list of your choice. Your receipt of payment will be given the first day of class. You will not be on the enrollment list until I have received your first installment or the entire tuition amount. I do not call to confirm your name on the list. Once you have sent the check you may call if you need to, otherwise just know that I have received your check and that your name is on the enrollment list. Then be sure to come to that class. It is easy!
Educational Links for Drivers of all Sorts
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- The Online Study Guide for Student Drivers
- Department of Transportation
- AAA Wisconsin
- Insurance Institute For Highway Safety
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- The Kelley Blue Book
- Google Maps
- Every 15 Minutes
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)